Thursday, June 16, 2016

Matariki

In Totara whanau we have been learning Matariki

Matariki is the maori new year
and it is a time to do stuff like fishing eeling and hunting and to store food.  Matariki is a star constellation that you can see very early in the morning.  Matariki is a good for hunting fishing and eeling. In the old days there were no pigs dear rabbits or possums for the maori to hunt and eat so they uesd to eat moa weka kereru fish and other native birds. Eels were also an important food to the maori and the used many ways catch them. At school every matariki we do stuff like weaving carving cooking planting.

This year for Matariki I done weaving tukutuku pannles and planting.
Something I learnt was how to do tukutuku pannles.
The tukutuku design I chose was the flounder
The learning muscle I was stretching was perserverince I keeped stuffing up but I tried again. 

                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment